After setting up your Amped Wireless Router, you’d be assuming how you can connect your Range Extender to the internet. Well, during the countdown process, your Range Extender must have already performed a Reboot and got disconnected from the connected networks such as Amped WiFi.
- Now at this point, firstly you have to reconnect your Computer or tablet to the new Extended Network.
- Read and follow the on-screen instructions to connect to the Amped Wireless Extended Network.
- Check the box to confirm once you get connected.
- A Next button will appear to grant access after completing the setup.amped wireless process properly.
- If there were to be any issues with the configuration process, the setup wizard will inform you to rescan for a network to extend.
- Congratulations, you have successfully configured the Range Extender
- Your settings are now saved. If you haven’t already positioned your Range Extender in an optimal location, you may do so now.
- All Range Extender settings are saved and can be safely powered off for relocation.
- You can also form a connection by attaching an ethernet cable, making it a wired connection.
- Connect the ethernet cable on the wired port on the bottom of the Range Extender.
http://setup.ampedwireless.com failed to open the web menu!
Sometimes this issue occurs due to continued usage of amped wireless and it requires a refresh. So just don’t freak out and ensure the below steps:-
- Ensure that your computer is connected to the Range Extender’s Wi-Fi network: Amped_REC10
- You can try to use another web browser that is available in your computer such as Google Chrome web browser, Microsoft explorer but not the firefox.
- Try opening the setup.amped wireless through a different IP address i.e. 192.168.1.240
- Hard reboot the amped wireless router Power it OFF (Unplug it and then plug it back)
- Try to access this address by connecting all devices via wired connection. Attach them with the available Ethernet cable.
- You can opt to RESET the Range extender in case the above doesn’t work.
Connecting Setup Amped Wireless Range Extender with different OS and Smart Devices
Vista and Windows
- For Windows 7: You need to click on the Wireless icon to search the available wireless networks nearby.
- For Windows 8: Swipe on the right edge to access the charms bar, click on Settings, select the Wi-Fi icon, and select “Amped_REC10”
- For Vista: Click Start > Connect To. The “Amped_REC10” will show up, select this network and click Connect.
Mac OS X
- You need to look for the Available wireless network from the Wireless icon.
- You will see the “Amped_REC10” network.
- Move the cursor to select and click Connect.
- Open the Settings
- Click on Wi-Fi.
- Enable the tab and choose from the network, “Amped_REC10”.
- Click “Home” to enter the Home page.
- Then click the “Settings” app icon.
- Now tap on Wi-Fi to enter the iPad’s Wi-Fi settings.
- Enable the Wi-Fi “On/Off” switch it “On”
- The network with name “Amped_REC10” Under “Choose a Network, select that network.
- On the tablet Screen, Click on the “Apps”.
- Here you have to tap the “Settings” app icon.
- Click “Wireless & networks, then tap “Wi-Fi settings”
- Turn ON the Wi-Fi and start scanning.
- Under “Wi-Fi networks,” select: “Amped_REC10”
Setup.ampedwireless WPS (One-Touch Setup or Push Button Configuration)
You can set up your amped wireless adapter if it is having WPS one-touch. With WPS you can also connect to the Range Extender. You only need to hold the WPS button and keep it hinging for 3 seconds. The WPS LED will begin to blink. As soon as it blinks, press the WPS button on your setup.amped wireless adapter or you can also enable WPS with the provided software for your wireless adapter.
Know how to use the Smart Features on your Amped Wireless Range Extender:-
- The Range Extender already consists of many powerful security features that can be accessed through the web menu:-
- Click the Smart Features on the left side of the web menu
- Wireless Access Scheduling Control when your Wi-Fi is on/off Menu Location: Smart Features > Access Schedule
- User Access Control Restrict network access to specific users Menu Location: Smart Features > User Access
- Wireless Coverage Control Adjust the distance of your wireless network Menu Location: Smart Features > Wireless Coverage